Employee Job Description
Job Title: Case Manager
Report To: Program Supervisor
Starting Salary: DOE Status:
CAL-PEP is a non-profit, community-based organization located in Oakland California, that has provided HIV education and prevention services throughout the San Francisco Bay Area since 1984.
CAL-PEP is seeking a part-time Case Manager for our MSM and transgender specific Choices Program. Choices is a Minority AIDS initiative funded by Alameda County to offer Substance Use case management and treatment services to HIV positive MSM and Women of Trans-experience of color who reside in Alameda County.
This position requires strong communication and organizational skills, and an ability to multitask and prioritize competing tasks. The Case Manager will provide substance use treatment, HIV medical and medication adherence, and advocacy efforts to clients. A passion for increasing whole-person wellness for persons living with HIV is an essential characteristic for this position.
The Case Manager will provide direct, evidence-based treatment services that are closely coordinated and integrated with substance use support, social support, and life skills interventions. The Case Manager will provide ongoing case management for a set of assigned clients, including preparing and continually updating individualized client care plans. Additional duties will include recruitment, service linkage, field activities, administrative duties and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Consistent with case management standards of care, performs intakes, assessment of client needs and case management of immediate and long-term needs; necessary to determine eligibility for entitlement programs and available services.
- Provide recruitment of priority populations, utilizing modified street outreach strategies to reach clients including mobile van clinic outreach, regular visits to client homes, on the streets, bars, clubs, parks, homeless encampments and social media sites.
- Maintains concise documentation and program notes in the client records according to departmental standards.
- Works with other service provider agencies, hospitals, clinics, drug and mental health treatment centers, legal services and programs that serve the priority population to ensure continuity of services.
- Works with clients to identify gaps in adherence to medical and medication routines as prescribed by their clinician, if applicable. Collaborates with treatment peer advocates.
- Advocates on client’s behalf and refers cases to other community resources when appropriate.
- Attends team, weekly supervision, and other meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two years of experience offering case management services;
- Experience working with marginalized communities, including persons experiencing homelessness;
- Experience working with MSM and/or transgender communities;
- Knowledge of the mental health concerns of priority population;
- Strong knowledge of National AIDS Strategy and Treatment as Prevention model;
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously;
- Experience working with diverse populations;
- Excellent computer skills; Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Valid CA Driver License;
- Certified HIV Test Counselor a plus;
- Substance Use Certification a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree and/or additional related employment experience is a plus.
CAL-PEP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively seek applications from people living with HIV/AIDS, people of color, women, people of trans experience, non-binary/gender nonconforming individuals, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. African American and/or Latinx individuals are encouraged to apply.
Email resume and cover letter.
DEADLINE: Open until filled
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Submit resume and cover letter via email or USPS to:
PO Box 71629
Oakland, CA 94612
firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com
DEADLINE: To be announced