Employee Job Description
Job Title: MSM Case Manager
Report To: Program Coordinator
Starting Salary: Status: Full Time
Essential Job Functions:
- Consistent with case management standards of care, performs intakes, assessment of client needs and case management of immediate and long term needs; evaluates information necessary to determine eligibility for entitlement programs and available services.
- Provide recruitment of YMSM population, mobile clinic and drop-in service, crisis intervention and back-up to staff as needed; utilizes skills to assess mental health crises. Utilize modified street outreach strategies to reach clients including mobile van clinic outreach, regular visits to client homes, on the streets, at service delivery sites including homeless shelters and single resident occupancy hotels.
- Maintains concise documentation and program notes in the client records accord to departmental standards using a computerized information system.
- Works with other AIDS agencies, hospitals and clinics, drug and mental health treatment centers, legal services and programs that serve the community to ensure continuity of services to people with AIDS/HIV disease.
- Works with clients to identify primary care needs and assists clients in making connections with health care services and necessary follow-up. Collaborates with treatment peer advocates.
- Advocates on client’s behalf and refers cases to other community resources when appropriate.
- Assists clients in understanding and applying for public and private benefits.
- Makes hospital and home visits; advises and counsels’ clients diagnosed with AIDS/HIV disease, their friends, family and loved ones.
- Attends team, weekly supervision, and other meetings as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two year’s experience performing substance abuse, HIV prevention or related health education and prevention services.
- Strong knowledge of National AIDS Strategy and treatment as prevention model
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Excellent computer skills; Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver License
- HIV Test Counselor a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and/or additional related employment experiences a plus.
CAL-PEP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively seek applications from people living with HIV/AIDS, people of color, women, lesbians and gay men. African American and/or Latino are encouraged to apply as well as residents of the east bay.
Email resume and cover letter to:
If you are interested in joining us and would like to submit an inquiry or resume, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Open until filled