Employee Job Description
Job Title: Youth Project Coordinator
Report To: Project Director
Starting Salary: DOE
Status: Full Time
The Youth Project Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight and management of CAL-PEP’s Future Project a federally funded local intervention project for youth between the ages of 13-24. The Future Project is a program of integrated substance abuse prevention and treatment, HIV and Hepatitis C prevention and comprehensive behavioral health and supportive services. Interventions include street outreach, risk reduction education groups/support sessions, drop-in center, community-based mobile health screenings, community forums, social media and street outreach. Service sites will include juvenile hall and alternative school sites. The project will target a diverse population, including persons of color, persons who exchange sex, injection drug users, youth, transgender persons, and incarcerated persons.
The Coordinator will report to the Project Director and will supervise Outreach Supervisors and Health Educators. The Coordinator will serve as the management link between the Executive Director, administrative staff, HIV prevention, and research and evaluation staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordination and management of Substance abuse and HIV/STD prevention interventions.
- Oversee and supervise the social media component of the project
- Supervision of Substance abuse and HIV prevention service activities ensuring timely completion of program goals and objectives
- Overseeing the Youth Drop In Center and its components elements, and providing direct supervision and support to the project’s two youth staff members
- Scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of program staff, including detailed evaluation activities.
- Preparation and completion of progress reports to funders, general correspondence with funders, and similar reporting functions
- Management oversight of office systems related to project success, including document files, computer files and databases, and oversight of program related equipment.
- Coordination with staff, collaborators, and management of other CAL-PEP divisions, participation in scheduled staff meetings, annual program retreat, attendance at various community Substance abuse and HIV prevention meetings, and similar functions.
- Ability to disseminate outcomes of Substance abuse and HIV prevention interventions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Two years’ experience performing substance abuse and HIV prevention or related health education or prevention services.
- Two years’ experience in program coordination, project management, staff supervision, or similar duties.
- Strong knowledge of National AIDS Strategy and treatment as prevention model
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience supervising and working with diverse populations.
- Excellent computer skills; Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or additional related employment experiences a plus.
- Knowledge of STD clinic management a plus
CAL-PEP is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively seek applications from people living with HIV/AIDS, people of color, women, lesbians and gay men. African American and/or Latino are encouraged to apply.
Submit resume and cover letter via email or USPS to:
Attn: Hiring Committee
PO Box 71629
Oakland, CA 94612